5 December 2014

Ladies and monkeys and robots, oh my!





Okay I have a confession to make, one of my bad crafting habits is not finishing what I start. I often feel very excited about new ideas but run out of time. Then new ideas pop into my head and I end up moving onto a new project and thus the half finished things pile up! I guess it's partly the lack of time and the gaps between my studio/crafty hours (that sometimes just can't be helped) which are part of the problem. 

I had been thinking a lot recently about my crafting business, my brand and who I am as a designer/maker. I don't often take the time to do this but my work seemed to be somewhat all over the place.


However... it appears there is a theme. Ladies and monkeys and robots! Oh and flowers. Okay so not exactly a theme, but collections just unintentionally starting to form. 

I happened to be laying all of my work out in preparation for a craft fair (more about that soon). It's seems strange now but that was the first time that I have seen most of my products all together. I was secretly quite chuffed! And it all looked very me. It was encouraging to see that just making stuff that I love is sort of working. I don't think I need to over think my makes, I just need to enjoy the process.



Oh and this week I gave myself a stern talking to and finished off a whole load of nearly finished products. It felt good xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin