Sorry I've been away from the blog for a while. We've been full of bugs and sickness in our house lately so playing nurse has been taking up lots of time!
I have of course managed to squeeze in a little bit of stitchy time. Here are the fruits of my recent labour.
What do you think? I've been making little embroideries for years now, I find it very relaxing and a nice break from sitting at the sewing machine. However I can't usually decide what to do with them. I'm not sure where this idea came from, they just seemed to be a good size for a notebook I had lying around. I made the tree notebook first and then remembered about a couple of felt embroideries I had in my sewing box from about, oh five years ago or so!!
I love the small size. It's nice to make something so detailed and delicate but small enough to finish up quickly, (I have quite a short attention span, plus some impatient little people).
It took me a while to figure out the best way to make the cover. I wanted to make sure they could be reusable notebook covers and also not be too bulky at the seems. I'm really happy with the result and my pattern comes together super quick. I'll try to make up a tutorial soon in case you fancy making your own. It'll be my first tutorial so I want to take my time and make sure it makes sense, because well...it's a tutorial hey!!
I already have lots more ideas for my little embroideries so watch this space!
Oh yes and October, argh! Already! Lots of Christmas presents to start making!




No comments:
Post a Comment