24 October 2013

Fun on the Farm






We missed our trip to Lismore earlier this year. Little C was unwell so we had to postpone. It was worth the wait though and so lovely to be there at this time of year. It was cold and blustery but so sunny and fresh. It was a joy to go out for walks with the family splashing in some very muddy muddles and combing the beach for treasures, Miss D came home with quite a stash of shells and stones, I'm still finding them in my pockets a week later! 

For those who don't know Lismore, it is a small Island in the Inner Hebrides of Scotland. We have family there and try to visit at least once a year. We were having such a great time that we stayed for an extra day, a few extra days would have been even better.

Unfortunately we had to come home so that I could get back to work. I've been working on a substantial costume order, lots and lots of 16th and 17th century shirts and smocks. I feel like I have been living in a cloud of white fabric for the past few weeks and it's the reason that I have been away from my blog of late. I;m trying to pop in when I can although panto work has just arrived in my stitchy corner so I may disappear again. I do miss Away With The Clouds when I have costume work taking up my time, but oh the joy of colour and sparkly panto fabric after all of that white, white, white! 

The pantomime this year is Beauty and the Beast at Stirling's Macrobert theatre,Nov 27th-Jan 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin