4 July 2014

Banana bread and Brooches.


I seem to be making at least one banana loaf a week at the moment. One minute my kids can't seem to get enough of bananas and the next they are repulsed by them. Not that I'm complaining mind, it's pretty tasty. The basic recipe is from River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook , although I've started to use less oil than stated in recipe and a mix of wholemeal and white flower and it tastes just as good. I think next time I'll reduce the sugar too. It doesn't have masses of sugar, but as I'm making it(and eating it with the kids so often), a little less sugar wouldn't hurt. I'll let you know how that goes.

In crafty news, well I've been quite busy in the craft room again. I think I've got my mojo back, yay! Miss D is starting school after the summer break, little C has one year before nursery. So I guess I've been starting to think more about my work future. A lot of the work I produce can be quite labour intensive and so not very viable in terms of sales. I've never been great at compromising on what I love to make. But...I have a few new products in the pipe line which are a bit more lets say, produce-able which I still love. I'll tell you more about that soon!

Lady brooches, look!!! I love needle felting. I had always fancied having a go but never got around to buying a kit. Then I was randomly and very kindly given a starter kit by my Sister in law. Oh joy! I already had a decent stock of wool tops as I've hand felted in the past. Do you like them? They are not exactly quick to make, but so much fun. I love that they all have a certain personality. I'll definitely be making a few for the shop, so stay tuned.

There's more coming from the craft room soon. I'll be in touch. x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin